Monday, January 16, 2012

Abortion is Murder, 9-13, February 2, 2012

Formerly Stop the Killing of Young People (skyp) and soon, perhaps, Stop Killing Preemies

February 2, 2012 Vol. 9 No. 13
PO Box 7424, Reading, PA 19603
Phone – 484-706-4375
Email – johndunk@ptd.net
Web – skyp1.blogspot.com
Circulation – 201
John Dunkle, Editor

Abortion is Murder, a weak, pathetic response to baby murder, is sent out at least once a month. If the gestapo hasn’t jailed you for defending the innocent realistically, you either have to tell me you want it or go to the website. Faxes and emails are free but snail-mail is free only for PFCs, $400 for others.
Because I believe we should examine every legitimate means, including force, in our attempt to protect those being tortured to death, I want to hear from people who’ve been forceful and from those who defend them.. I’d also like to hear from those prolifers and pro-deathers who call force violence.

Prisoners for Christ:

1. Evans, Paul Ross 83230-180, USP McCreary, P.O. Box 3000, Pine Knot, KY 42635
2. Gibbons, Linda, Vanier WDC, 655 Martin St., P.O. Box 1040, Milton, ON, Canada L9T 5E6
3. Griffin, Michael 310249, 5914 Jeff Ates Rd., Milton, FL 32583-0000
4. Jordi, Stephen 70309-004, FCI P.O. Box 33, Terre Haute IN 47802 6/30
5. Knight, Peter James, P.O. Box 376, Laverton, Victoria, Australia
6. Kopp, James 11761-055, USP Canaan, P.O. Box 300, 3057 Easton Tpk., Waymart, PA 18472
7. Little, David SJRCC, 930 Old Black River Road, Saint John, NB E2J 4T3
8. Moose, Justin 27494-057 FCI Talladega, P.O. Box 1000, Talladega, AL 35160
9. Richardson, Alonzo Lee 12898-021, CCM, 716 McDonough Blvd. SE, Atlanta, GA 30315
10. Roeder, Scott P. 65192, PO Box 2, Lansing Kansas 66043
11. Rudolph, Eric 18282-058 US Pen. Max, Box 8500, Florence CO 81226-8500
12. Shannon, Rachelle 59755-065, FCI Waseca, Unit A, P.O. Box 1731, Waseca, MN 56093 3/31
13. Waagner, Clayton Lee 17258-039, United States Penitentiary, P.O. Box 1000, Lewisburg PA 17837

Even though it’s a shameful sin to abandon defenseless victims to their attackers, it’s a far worse sin when you attempt to pass the blame for that sin onto God by claiming that’s what he wanted you to do. And that’s precisely what so many people have done with their rejection of God’s clear and sensible instructions to defend the defenseless, and with their pretenses and fake excuses for rejecting those instructions. Pride is a terrible thing when it leads you to deny your own sin and instead say that God sinned. Peter James Knight

It’s conclusive. If any of you are threatened, because of your particularly unwelcome but legal prolife activities, with being visited at home by pro-deathers, it’ll never happen. I will vouch for it.
One particular activity the deathers find especially annoying is my standing outside their homes with an aborted baby poster or with my “A KILLER LIVES HERE sign. I’ve been doing that sporadically since 1970 and they hate it. Their ultimate threat has always been to visit me. Never happens.
Todd Stave of Voice of Choice went all out. He gathered five hundred or so killers’ helpers to plead with me to stop and then to threaten me with home visits if I didn’t. I let them all know immediately that I was not stopping, and now, almost two months later, not a single deather has shown up.
So, prolifers, you will know you are doing something effective when the deathers begin threatening to visit you at home. Don’t worry about it, though. It’s all talk.

---------------------------------------------------

I continue here with the militant Christian’s journey from idea to reality:

This thing needed to be done. These people should be taught a simple lesson. How dare they so boldly kill? They need to be aware that even if they do not believe in God, the citizens of this country who still do hold them responsible for their treachery.
I headed toward the entrance of the clinic with the bomb in-hand and my black hood pulled over my head. As I previously conducted reconnaissance, I determined that the surveillance cameras mounted on the abortion clinic faced the south side of the building. I parked and approached from the north.
For a building along the side of a major interstate, the neighborhood seemed quiet, and it unsettled me. My blood boiled with rage as I walked steadily carrying an explosive device. I neared a foot bridge at the entrance of the building, and I stood next to a dark blue car. I determined that it belonged to the abortionist, a security guard, or someone working late hours cleaning blood-stained instruments or involved in child corpse disposal. My mind was truly a collage of rage, hatred, and fear. My stomach was tight and I sweated heavily. I placed the bomb next to this car on the ground. I figured the bomb would surely destroy the car, and the shrapnel of nails added would heavily damage the entrance of the building, putting the clinic out of commission for a time. The bomb package was top-heavy because more than two pounds of assorted nails put extra weight on the top portion of the explosive. As I let it go, it tipped over and then rocked back upright like a child's rocking horse.
I fled the parking area, got into my wife's car, and drove away.
During the ride home headed North on Interstate Highway 35, my mind was a mixture of accomplishment and fear. This fear pulsed through my veins like the blood that kept me alive, and it confused me. Every single person knew what I had attempted, or so I thought, and every passing car was an emergency vehicle responding to the scene of the crime. The timer I set on the bomb was for 35-40 minutes, and I felt every tick/tock of the clock even though I was on the other side of town. I stopped into a local supermarket and was still so shaken that I forgot to grab a shopping cart, and ended up carrying up more items than I could realistically handle back up to an excruciatingly long line. The items I carried in-hand consisted of a green pea salad with mayonnaise, a diced Italian sub, drinks, a dozen Roses, and a plastic bag filled with toy soldiers. I just had to get a gift for my little best friend as well, my wife's son.
As I walked inside the 1000 square foot apartment my wife and I had rented, I was greeted with affection, especially at the sight of “the Gift Bearer." Later I journeyed outside to smoke cigarettes from time-to-time. I felt an air of coolness and precarious unease. The truth of the matter was that I already missed my family
The next day my wife, our son, and I set out for a fun-filled day at "The Wild Basin," a huge hiking/camping ground deep in what is called the Texas Hill Country, just outside of Austin. Recently we had discovered a beautiful waterfall deep inside the forest. We felt that it belonged to us alone. I look back now, and I remember that I felt very vulnerable that day as we all three sat with our bare feet submerged in the water at the base of the waterfall. The tranquility of that afternoon was absolutely beautiful, in comparison to what I was to witness later that evening on my way to work.
After we all got something to eat, and showered, I departed for work at a downtown tattoo shop on South Congress Avenue.
When I approached the exit for the abortion clinic, I was amazed. There was a plethora of authority figures, and emergency personnel everywhere. I couldn't believe my eyes. I think that I was almost as surprised as everyone else witnessing this. I remember not wanting to look directly at the clinic for fear that all of the agents of the Federal government at the scene could read my thoughts, intentions, or hatred from the highway. I casually drove around the scene and exited the highway on the Oltorf exit. I then continued on to work downtown, and pulled up in front of the tattoo shop.
I parked on the street, which was abnormal considering that the street was usually crowded, and I strolled inside. All of my co-workers said their usual hellos and expressed wonder at what I had seen on my way to work. I knew that it would seem out of the ordinary if I didn't express interest in the goings-on I had just passed on the highway.
My favorite co-worker (a pro-choice advocate) who was tattooing a customer at the time, expressed an interest as well. I sat down at our work computer close to the front entrance to the shop, and I began to "surf the Internet" for any information concerning these matters. I also began to loosen up some, and the constant paranoia seemed to subside momentarily. I took my eyes off of the computer screen for a moment and began to stare at the black and blue checkered floor which I shined, stripped, and buffed weekly.
My least favorite co-worker, a male chauvinist pig of a man who seemed to think that he was God's gift to the world, made a comment that surely made me feel safer and certainly aware of the fact that no one knew what I had attempted to do, but me. He exclaimed, while tattooing a female customer who he was surely flirting with, " These idiots who do this sort of thing attempt to kill others who they say are killing babies. That makes no sense to me."
Little did he realize that he had just made me feel a whole lot more comfortable because it was apparent to me at that moment he had no idea that the "idiot" sat right in front of his eyes staring at him with intense hatred.

It will take several more issues to complete Paul Ross Evans’ remarkable account of his attack on child killing.
---------------------------------------------------

As you probably know by now, Neal Horsley is hoping to turn Georgia into the first pro-life state. Neal calls the organization he is forming to accomplish this the “Army of God.” Go to horsleyforgovernor.com for details.
Brad-Marcy Riegg also has a plan to end legal child killing. Go to makeabortionillegal to see Brad’s plan, “Blueprint”:


Brad, Neal, I still believe that the Blueprint idea has the best likelihood of winning this war. I just need to get better exposure for it, because thus far its exposure has been very minimal. So far, all who have viewed it have either signed up or simply ignored it. None have presented a good refutation of its merits.
I do not believe the AoG strategy is best, because it relies on the threat of the use of a much inferior force (a single state's weaponry) to fight off a superior force (the US Military, et al), and that without even the advantage of surprise. I think most people will either see this weakness on its face and realize that this strategy will win the war, or they will object to it purely because it threatens the use of force, as has been seen from most activists who have seen it thus far.
The Blueprint relies on moral superiority and non-violent tactics, neither of which would be objectionable to the above mentioned camps. I think MLK Jr. was on to something, and what he learned applies aptly to our present situation.
I do not want to sign my name to the AoG plan, because if that were found out it might jeopardize my ability to help with the Blueprint strategy, or any other non-violent strategy in the future.

Neal, I see, I think you misunderstand the AOG strategy. Before there is a threat of even "much inferior force" there would have to be a period of confrontation that does not rely on the use of force at all but on the use of verbal conflict of rising dimensions, of acrimony similar to the rising acrimony between slaveholders and abolitionists before the Civil War. The AOG strategy as stated would result in that period of rising argument were Christians willing to associate with it. Which I think explains why they--you--aren't willing to associate with the AOG strategy and find reasons that have nothing to do with our stated plans but rely on a layer of false analysis of what the strategy actually entails. Specifically, where you say, "...it relies on the threat of the use of a much inferior force (a single state's weaponry) to fight off a superior force (the US Military, et al)".
The video is an example of the fact that we are not relying on the threat of the use of force except as a last resort after many steps have failed to find compromise with the baby butchers. But you and all the rest of the pro-life Christians are not even willing to take this argument to the point of anger. From my point of view, it is the refusal to find the means of taking the argument to the point of real anger, where acrimony becomes public and virulent that is the evidence this generation of Christian pro-lifers lie when they say they think the unborn are people.
At best the unborn are abstractions of people to pro-life Christians. And at worse pro-life Christians don't believe they are people at all.
How can the truth be otherwise, Brad? Even a woman would display anger if her child was being murdered, much less a man of God.
Anyway, thank you for the insight. I had suspected all along that you were unwilling to be seen to associate with real anger in defense of the babies. I'm glad I found a way to make this clear.
So go ahead with your reasoned calm political actions as the babies are being ripped limb from limb. Me, I'll continue to be angry, and look for people who will help me express it.

Brad, Thank you for your email. I understand the AOG strategy very well. I fully understand, and understood before, everything that you wrote in your email. And, I still see the AOG's strategy as having the same flaws that I mentioned before, principally that the AOG is relying on the threat of using an inferior force. It does not matter that the threat of force is presented as a last resort; it's still there, all the same, and it is that threat of military force that is the hand in the boxer's otherwise lifeless glove. The AOG strategy is only as strong as the strength of force that backs it up, which is to say, not much and not enough. If you had, resting in the wings, if necessary to use, greater military strength than the US has, then the strategy might very well work. But, you do not.
That being the case, if you were to ground your strategy in moral, not military, force, then you might also win, and I would support your strategy without reservation. The reason your strategy would possibly work by having moral force as its ultimate resort is because your moral strength would be superior to that of the US. Your moral high ground would expose the government's moral bankruptcy and hypocritical blood-lust.
Again, the only reason that relying on military force wrecks your strategy is because the AOG's potential military strength is weaker than that of the US. Only a foolish, inexperienced, bantam weight boxer would enter the ring with Mohammad Ali. The conclusion would be foregone. And, this analogy does not do justice to the disparity of power between an AOG controlled state and the US military, not at all. A better analogy might be that of Tibet threatening the Chinese with the use of force.
On the other hand, if the AOG were to adopt a non-violent, MLK Jr. strategy, the far superior moral strength it would then possess could expose the immorality of the federal government and its hollow, worldly powers. Then, the AOG might readily succeed, not only for one US state, but for all 50.
What your original email request did was to push me to crystallize and clarify precisely why the AOG strategy will fail, so long as it retains the ill-conceived moorings of a too-weak military force.
I am prayerful that the Lord Holy Spirit will help you to see this vital point, as He has now done for me. You have a genius for understanding and articulating the essence and horror of this bloodbath in which we find ourselves. You have taught me so very much and I hope that I can show you just the one main point, if none other, of this email, because your energy, acumen and courage are more than needed
---------------------------------------------------

The many killers’ helpers Todd Stave connected me with are a Godsend. I eagerly anticipate their emails, like the following (my response in parentheses):

Dear John Dunkle, Thank you for the Newsletter. (You're welcome.)
Our moral authority arises from our Christian faith, which requires non-violence, forgiveness and understanding. (But does not forbid using force. Christ used force.)
What would Jesus do? (Since he used a weapon to chase those who were desecrating the temple, he'd do something more forceful to those who were tearing apart young people, an infinitely worse attack on Peace and Order -- God.)
First, there appears to be an air of mystery regarding the word “force”. From your newsletter: “I’d also like to hear from those prolifers and pro-deathers who call force violence.” The dictionary definition is clear - force is defined as “physical coercion; violence: to use force to open the window; to use force on a person.” (bad definition -- is it violent to force open the window? Try a different dictionary. My suggestion, "Webster's New World." And what about this – if someone approaches you with a knife to kill you, he is violent. If you grab a bat to defend yourself, you are forceful.)
Why do you feel the need to hear from people? (They're so much better than dictionaries.)
Let us remove this air of mystery – force is defined as violence, and is a criminal act – assault -- when used or threatened upon another person. (see above.)
Second, your newsletter contains much anger -- words such as gestapo and torture in your opening paragraph. (right)
These are not Christian words. (wrong)
The search for preventing abortions is a search for better life choices and providing to the needy. (nonsense)
If you truly seek the Christian path, then we will find you providing parental planning and birth-adoption services to women in need. (Uh, oh, here come the orders.)
How many women in need have you provided birth-adoption services to? (thousands)
God be with you, (you too)

And remember when we both thought they’d got me when they tracked down my wife?

Todd, I'll bet you didn't anticipate this either: Margaret is actually enjoying the letters she receives from your killers' helpers!
Here's one (it's typical) that arrived Friday:

Dear Margaret: Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas. Thousands are praying for you and your husband that he will stop destroying your and other families, harassing women seeking healthcare, and bullying clinic workers!
I am happy to report, that God has heard our prayers! God and Jesus are sad and are asking John to stop terrifying and harming women and blackening their names in women's hearts. So this season we pray for peace on earth, good will to men and women, and happy holidays. May the scales fall from John's eyes that he can use all that extra energy and time to please you and not chase other women.

Don't you love that unique last sentence? At any rate, Margaret is pleased. I can tell because of the way she refers to these letters at family gatherings.
They have no return addresses or signatures. Otherwise, I bet she'd reply -- any port in a storm, as they say, and just on the chance they're sincere. Hard to tell, ain't it. JD
----------------------------------

Jimbo’s latest Stacy&Hutch episode, “Red Zone II,” continues. It’s 2 a.m. and a cop has them cornered in a vacant lot:


They made their little foray into outraged/righteous taxpayer, but now, they are standing, with the cop, on one side of the Thin Blue Line, while hanging on his every word as he protects them and points out the Bad Guys, over there
S&H rolled with it. They had nothing to lose but your pride.
To make a Sir Galahad, there has to be a maiden in distress, somewhere.
You’re either that, or a criminal. Go with the maiden, S&H would say.
All encounters with strangers must resolve, one way or another. For animals it’s fight or flight. With cops it’s you can turn your back on these ones, they won’t harm my hometown and family, or, it’s further investigation/arrest.
This is not the Droid You Seek, it’s the idea you want to go through our interlocutor’s mind, just like Alec Guinness did in Star Wars.

Try This For Size: Cops Are Guardian Angels

For tried and true anti-management, anti-establishment types like S&H, and let’s face it, it takes at least a little bit of minute-man, lover of grass-rots country over Elites, that makes a good tag team, this Guardian Angel sentiment is enough to make them “blow their beets into the snow” (Jim Varrey).
But the curious , paradoxical thing about it is that, as their trust of God (not government in se) began to increase, S&H realized that according to His sense of humor, or economy, they seemed to run into a cop at least once every time they went tagging, but never in flagrante delicti.
It was almost as if God were trying to remind them, yeah, by all means be clever and disciplined, but remember, I will give the increase.
Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it.
(I’m remembering the melody of the Keith Green song with these words, as I wrote this – By the way, Survivors, did you get a copy of “With Ears to Hear” and “No Compromise” by Keith? Hurry up!)
S&H found themselves calming down the more they prayed.
They believed in a general sense that God was on their side, but with time, they found that they could never go tagging without a sense of peace, specifically about this switch, this town, this time. And He did the reminding with humble, bumblers, “Let me see if I can get this straight, you’re . . . what? Small town cops --once it even happened to hang in the middle of the Red Zone (3:45 AM) in an alleyway right behind an exchange with wet stencils and spray paint cans in plain view in the back of the car, which the cop swept over with his flashlight.
The cop calmly told them how to find the interstate.
S&H even thought that maybe he’d figured it out, and played dumb himself, or even said to himself, this is not the Lindbergh kidnapping. This is not the Grassy Knoll in Dallas. These are not the Droids I seek.
Either way, they praised God, and never took Him for granted. Never. And He always kept the cops away at the magic instant when it really counted. Always.

Brother Andrew

Readers familiar with the writings of
Brother Andrew, the much blessed smuggler of Bibles into Russia, will know exactly what S&H are talking about. Many many times, the border police would be blinded to “contraband” Bibles right in front of their eyes. Brother Andrew got in the habit of putting one Bible in plain view every time he crossed a border, just as his way of saying, “I rely on You, Lord.”

P.S. Sad to relate but it’s very much easier to move around in this decayed culture, when everyone is drunk, drugged, watching TV (about the same thing) or doing any one of a hundred other compulsive behaviors that divorce themselves from a normal sensorium, one possessed by any Medieval peasant or his d-o-g that hears a bump in the night.
After a little while S&H made fewer and fewer bumps in the night. Plus, as gas got higher in the late 70’s oil crisis, small town cops started cutting down on patrols.
It was a cultural crisis that brought about the abuse of labor by management, but the same crisis brought some perks which made the work easy and light, especially for someone willing to pray a lot and use a little guts, guts well within the reach of anyone. Every man or Every woman, willing to pray and obey.

Next up: Donuts, State Borderlines, Casino towns, Frontier towns, Rand McNally ghost cyberspace, Yellow pages, and stuff like that (. . . it’s a snap after the cops).
----------------------------------------------

I mistakenly began reposting “The New Abortion Providers,“ but decided to continue anyway: The new one we’re dealing with here is the Catholic, Emily Godfrey:

Godfrey spent the two years of her Family Planning Fellowship at the University of Rochester, where she did enough abortions to “train to competency," the term for doing a sufficient number of supervised abortions to be fully qualified to do the procedure alone. The rate of complication for first-trimester abortions that require hospitalization is so low (fewer than 1 in 100) that doctors often have to do the procedure scores of times to learn what to do when something goes wrong.
Godfrey also went to Nicaragua and Mexico to learn about those countries' reproductive-health services and to the World Health Organization in Geneva to do research. Now she's publishing W.H.O. data on using the IUD, inserted after unprotected sex, as emergency contraception. (It works surprisingly well, though it's not yet entirely clear how.) The fellowship's international component means that young doctors see the kind of suffering that their predecessors saw in the U.S. before Roe. "In Kenya, a woman came with a stick hanging out of her,'' says one doctor whose fellowship took her to Africa so she could train nurses to treat complications from illegal abortions. “You bring in this inexpensive, reusable equipment to places without electricity or running water, and you teach nurses to use it, and you save women's lives."
The first fellowship-trained doctors mostly took jobs in cities that were already flush with abortion providers — San Francisco, New York, Boston. Now positions in those places are filled, and the fellowship alums, who number more than 20 per year, are spreading out. In Chicago and even Rochester, there isn't one lone fellowship-trained physician. There are clusters. They go out for drinks together. Nationally, the fellows have annual meetings and an e-mail list on which they ask one another's advice. "More than anything, what's hard about this work is that there aren't a lot of people you can talk to about it," says Sunni, a colleague of Godfrey's and a 40-year-old OB-GYN whose parents immigrated to the United States from South Asia. "That's probably the most important thing we do for each other."
Godfrey and Sunni (who asked to be identified by a nickname to protect her privacy) have known each other since they met eight years ago when they were both fellows. The three of us had lunch together in April. Godfrey talked about the first job she took after she finished her fellowship and went back to Chicago. While she looked for a position on a medical-school faculty, she worked one day a week at an abortion clinic 90 miles away in the northern Illinois town of Rockford. The doctors there were the only providers within miles.

The owner of the Rockford clinic was Richard Ragsdale, a Vietnam veteran who'd opened his doors the day after Roe v. Wade was decided. The first time Godfrey came to work, Ragsdale wasn't there. A nurse showed Godfrey old-fashioned metal instruments that she'd never seen before. Godfrey made do as best she could. Before she could come back to meet Ragsdale the following week, he died. "They, called me, and asked, 'Are you our doctor now?'" she rernembered over lunch.
For the next two years, Godfrey drove, to Rockford one day a week. Once she prescribed birth control for her first patient, everyone in town knew her as the new abortion doctor. Protesters surrounded her when she walked into the clinic. One day, a clinic resident left his lunch in the car and said he'd rather be hungry than go back to get it. Godfrey tried to act tougher than she felt, but the work wore on her.

Meanwhile, an OB-GYN in his 60s started working at the clinic, and his unruffled calm seemed like a rebuke. "The older docs — those guys knew how to stand on their own two feet," she said. "He was immune to everything. But emotionally, for me, it was too hard."
And then one snowy day in 2007, Godfrey had a patient with a serious complication who needed to go to the hospital. She called the OB-GYN who was supposed to be on call. He was out of town. She called Sunni, who told her to get the patient to the local hospital. But Godfrey had no admitting privileges there, and the doctor on call seemed unwilling to admit the patient. "She said, 'How dare you come here,'" Godfrey remembered. She looked down at her salad, her face flushed.
"You were really put there all alone," Sunni said.
Godfrey nodded'. "Yeah, I remember you said that," Godfrey said. "And I was like, God, you're right." Godfrey called George Tiller, the veteran abortion provider who was later killed at his Kansas church in 2009 to ask his advice. He told her to call an ambulance and send the patient to the hospital.

Godfrey did, and the woman was admitted; she got the care she needed, and in the end she was fine. But Godfrey was shaken. So was Sunni, who told us about a dream she had after that tense day about Godfrey going back to Rockford. "The clinic got destroyed somehow. I saw you in the rubble, still working. And I said: 'This is ridiculous! Come home!'"

A year later, Godfrey stopped going to Rockford. By then she had started at the University of Illinois as an assistant professor of family medicine. This is the job that allows her to be an abortion provider with "a normal life," as she puts it. "You know what, I'm a single woman who still wants to get married," she says. "I will not be flying and driving around rural Midwest America. I'm not willing to be out On that frontier," (tbc)
--------------------------------------------------

The Pat Richards’ essay I’m choosing to post this issue appeared two days before the Iowa caucus. Let’s see if Pat gets it right:

I admit it – I am actually starting to feel sorry for Rick Perry.
As you know, Texas Governor Rick Perry is one of the thousands of people vying for the Republican nomination for President. Early in the process, he held back for a while to let the others do their thing, then with great fanfare he entered the race, figuring all of the others would step aside in his triumphant wake. Well it didn’t work out the way he hoped it would. A few gaffes here and there, a brain fart that went viral, a very bizarre speech in New Hampshire and his numbers dropped dramatically.
So, here we are just two days from the first test, the Iowa caucuses, and he is stuck in fourth or fifth place. The Sword of Damocles is dangling precariously over his head. So, a few days ago he figures he needs to do something dramatic to prove to those right wing nuts who basically run the caucus process that he is the really, really, true, consistent conservative in the race. So, what better issue to stake out a claim than abortion
Perry has been around politics for a long time so he has had to face the abortion issue in many capacities, particularly as Governor. And, to his credit, he has been rather consistent. He has always opposed abortions except if the mother’s life was endangered and in the cases of rape or incest. No, don’t get me started on why it should be okay to “kill a baby” if the father is a rapist, but he has staked out that position for years. Then, suddenly, a week before the caucus, Rick Perry has seen the light! Praise the Lord!
Now he is saying, wait a minute, I don’t think abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest! To what can we attribute this startling, pre-right-wing caucus conversion? Well, Perry says now that he had a “change of heart” after watching a movie called “The Gift of Life.” Reportedly, after the movie Perry “started giving some thought about the issue of rape and incest” and when he talked to “Personhood USA” spokeswoman Rebecca Kissling, who was featured in the movie, her story “pierced [my] heart.” It seems that Ms. Kissling was a product of a rape.
“We had a fairly lengthy and heartfelt conversation about how she was conceived in rape,” Perry said, “and I couldn’t come up with an answer to defend the exceptions.”
How convenient. After all of these years, Perry has now decided to really think about this issue and, voila, he is now coincidentally taking the position that is supported by the radical anti-abortion crowd. Later, to make his conversion even more “credible,” he added that he believed that “God was working in my heart.” Always remember, it’s okay to change your mind on a fundamental issue like abortion, to have an affair or to commit any other sin as long as you then have the conversation with God and ask him to forgive you – unless, of course, you are a left wing liberal and then you are going straight to hell.
This one incident forces me to say something about Senator Rick Santorum, who is creeping up in the polls
– at least he has been consistent. He has always opposed abortion in cases of rape and incest and he has always been outspoken about his desire to outlaw abortion. I don’t like it, but I have to respect his consistency. And maybe that’s why he is picking up steam. Maybe the conservatives are realizing that he is a very consistent conservative unlike Gingrich, Romney and Perry.
In the long run, however, forcing the Republican nominees way to the right is only good news for President Obama. Right now, he is sitting there licking his chops, knowing that positions like Perry’s will only frighten the independents who will be so crucial in November.

What did I tell you. Isn’t Pat good? Santorum actually won in Iowa! Next for him, though, is one of those New England states and they’re all anti-Catholic.

No comments: